Effective as of 1 February 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through your use of our Services, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, relates to you as an identifiable individual or, that along with other information, could identify you (“Personal Information”). We collect the following types of Personal Information: (1) Information provided by you; (2) Information collected automatically; and (3) Cookies and other tracking technologies.
1) Information provided by you.
We do not require you to provide any Personal Information in order to navigate our Site or use the App. The App does not scan or import contacts or Personal Information stored on your mobile device, but rather, provides a means to download a directory of our organization’s contacts and access to a data feed provided by Gdacs.org. However, we need to collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain activities on our Site or in using our Services.
For example, we collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Submit a request for information about our Site, our Services or a particular assignment. When you request any information about our Site, our Services or a particular assignment, you may need to provide us with your name, email address, and contact information, as well as information about the specific project for which you are seeking Services (the “Project Information”), which Project Information may include descriptions and details regarding your insurance claim or property damage or loss.
- Inquire about employment opportunities or apply for a job. If you inquire about employment opportunities with MKA, we will collect your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and any additional information you decide to disclose on your employment-related inquiry or employment application materials.
- Interact with our Site or utilize our Services, or contact us through email. When you utilize our Services, including when you visit our Site or download the App, or send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you may need to provide us with your name, email address, and contact information, as well as your Project Information.
2) Information collected automatically.
We may automatically collect the following types of Personal Information as you use our Site, App or Services:
- Usage Information. Which pages on our Site you access, the frequency of access, what you click on while on our Site, and when you accessed the Site.
- Location Information. Information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information. Information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and IP addresses.
3) Cookies and other tracking technologies.
We may also collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser software on your computer’s or device’s hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s or device’s memory. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser, but some functionality of the Services may be impaired or not function as intended if you choose not to accept cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Cookies can be deleted by you, at any time, and will not collect any information when you are not accessing the Services. By using our Services, you consent to our use of the cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Site, and to protect our legal rights. We limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is relevant for these purposes. We will not store, access, transmit, retain, or otherwise use Personal Information in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or stored as described in this notice without your consent. Specifically, we may use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Communicate with you about our Site, App or other Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site, App or other Services.
- Provide support.
- Maintain and improve our Site, App and other Services.
- Evaluate and process your employment application.
- Conduct benchmarking.
- Defend our rights and the rights of others.
- Efficiently maintain our business.
- Comply with applicable law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
MKA may also share your Personal Information in connection with a corporate restructuring, to prevent harm, to comply with the law and our legal obligations, to protect our legal rights, or with your explicit consent. We may also, now or in the future, share your Personal Information with third parties, including our hosting partners and other, trusted third parties who assist us in providing the Services.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. Our security includes industry-standard physical, administrative, and technology-based measures. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains appropriate for the identified purpose or as required by law or professional obligations, which might extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. Subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to access your Personal Information to verify the accuracy of the information we have collected. There might be some limited circumstances where we are unable to provide you with a full copy of your Personal Information, such as where it relates to another identifiable individual. Generally, upon written request, you may correct, update, delete and/or add to your Personal Information.
CONTACT US AND QUESTIONS