MKA Canada Inc., seeks an experienced Project Manager to join its Vancouver Office.
The candidate should possess experience in managing a team of estimators in the development of conceptual level to highly detailed level estimates and construction audits in the resolution of claims in a wide ranging number of projects.
The position is based in the Vancouver area and some travel may be required, depending on the location of the individual projects. In this position you will be responsible for:
- Managing people, project finances and reports.
- Obtaining the confidence of the Client.
- Leveraging your time by staffing and associated delegation and oversight / supervising any number of staff.
- Understanding the needs of the Client.
- Preparing weekly forecasts for the staff under your supervision.
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of our work product.
The applicant should ideally possess a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in construction quantity surveying, estimating and cost management functions, preferably with site-based experience.
At a minimum, the candidate possesses a recognized technical qualification in the field of construction management or estimating in all major construction trades. CIQS recognition will be seen as an asset.
The successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Be a self-directed individual, capable of providing technical expertise, leadership and mentorship to junior staff in the development of a core project team.
- Exercise sound judgment and provide the ability to provide cost and financial advice at any stage of a building project to meet the needs of our clients in a variety of challenging multi-million-dollar project environments.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects, work accurately and prioritize tasks accordingly. Strong project management skills are a pre-requisite.
- Understand construction design and layout plans, specifications, construction codes and standards.
- Possess knowledge of current market conditions affecting the cost of construction, technological innovations, contractual laws and obligations, material specifications, and regional variations affecting supply of labour and materials.
- Understand and conduct detail analysis and reconciliation of estimates and audit of project costs.
- Be an effective and accurate project record controller.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in written reports on all aspects of your role. English speaking and writing proficiency is essential to this role.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word. Knowledge in the use of various estimating software systems would be seen as an asset.
As an employer, MKA provides a competitive salary, combined with an attractive benefits and retirement savings plan. Our dynamic work environment is one which provides the opportunity to work on a diverse range of project type and scale.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.