MKA Canada Inc., seeks an Estimator to join its Halifax office.
This position will provide support in the development of conceptual level to highly detailed level estimates and construction audits.
The position is based in the Halifax area and some travel may be required, depending on the location of the individual projects. In this position you will be responsible for:
- Measurement of various types of projects from construction plans, including the ability to prepare detailed schedules of quantities.
- To assist in the preparation of construction estimates from information provided by field engineers, architects, and other design consultants.
- Pricing and analysis of the various stages, methods and types of construction.
- Undertake assignments and site inspections as necessary.
The applicant should ideally possess a minimum of 5-8 years estimating experience and have in-depth knowledge in the measurement, quantification and pricing of a wide range of construction trades. Site-based experience will be seen as an asset.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Understand construction plans and specifications, and have the ability to complete detailed quantity take offs with minimal supervision.
- Work accurately and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Possess the ability to work closely and collaboratively with the project team.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in written form all aspects of your role to those involved on the project. English speaking and writing proficiency is essential to this role.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word. Knowledge in the use of various estimating softwaresystems would be seen as an asset.
As an employer, MKA provides a competitive salary, combined with an attractive benefits and retirement savings plan. Our dynamic work environment is one which provides the opportunity to work on a diverse range of project type and scale.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.